Metasploit mailing list archives

Is the Metasploit book still up-to-date?

From: stibert at broadpark.no (Stig Bertheussen)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:27:27 +0100

Having recently purchased and read this book, I can attest to it being
more of a superficial introduction to the various components that
makes up the MetaSploit Framework and not the thorough, in-depth guide
that various ads claim it to be (no offense to the writers). However,
I did not feel that it was very out-of-date in being an introduction
kind-of book.

That said, I have found much more of the information I wanted (and
what I can only assume to be the information you request as well) in
the official developer's documentation which is freely available on
MetaSploits homepage.

Sorry for doubling up on your answer, HD Moore. I am looking forward
to the book you mentioned in your previous mail.

Sincerely,
Stig