Metasploit mailing list archives

ARP Poisoning

From: wullie19 at ntlworld.com (rogue)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:44:07 +0100

Hi there,

I'm not sure about doing this on a pivot(that's a trick I really would like to
know) but I guess it comes down to the OS's involved. To redirect some one
via arp poisoning to metasploit client side attack you can use ettercap with a
custom filter to swap img tags for iframe's ponting at the attack machine.  Or
alternatively you can use fasttrack mass client side attack which sets up a
web server creates index.htm full of iframes pointing at waiting metasploit
client side exploits and uses arp poisoning to redirect the victims to our
attack machine.

-rogue

Hmm.  Well, maybe.

Firstly, I went back and re-read your original question.  You asked
about traffic to a specific destination host.  The methods I outlined
will redirect *all* the victim's traffic to the other machine- you'll
then have to decide what to do with it.  Check out the whole dsniff
suite- you can do a lot with it besides the redirection, but it's mainly
MITM/eavesdropping attacks.  If you want to, say, redirect all the
victim's traffic through yourself and serve up a browser attack back to
the target on port 80 with Metasploit, I think that could work.
Actually, that's something I've been meaning to try- if anyone has done
this, I'd like to hear about it.

Now then: in you scenario below: is the pivot machine on the same subnet
as the victim?  If so, you can arp poison the target and save a copy of
the traffic locally on the pivot machine (tcpdump), or encapsulate and
forward a copy to your off-subnet attack machine.  Something like
tcpdump eth0 | netcat <options> might work for this.  There may be
better tools, but I don't know what they are.  If the target machine is
compromised, and that technique works, you could use that to get it
off-subnet directly.

Without knowing more about what you're trying to do and the OSes
involved that's about all I can come up with.

J-.

Bryan Richardson wrote:
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the response. That's great news.  One quick question... if
my attack machine is on a different subnet, but I'm pivoting through
another compromised machine, is there a way to still make this work?

--
Bryan

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM, jim <jimbo at abs.net