Metasploit mailing list archives

adding new exploit modules to v.2.3

From: jjust at globalinfotek.com (James E. Just)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:02:24 -0500

We seem to have a problem adding new exploit modules to v. 2.3 under Win 2K
Pro SP3.

We have an exploit module that we have added to v. 2.2 exploit directory
and Metasploit immediately identified it and added it to the list of
exploits with full functionality.  When we do the same thing with v. 2.3,
Metasploit (at least the msfconsole) does not recognize that the new module
exists even if we try to call it by name.

When I do the same thing under Windows XP, both versions add the new module
correctly.

Any thoughts on how to fix this in Win 2K.

Thanks.

Jim Just