Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Irma won't "wake up" climate change-denying Republicans. Their whole ideology is on the line.

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 13:16:24 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan () gmail com>
Date: September 13, 2017 at 1:13:22 PM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Re Irma won't "wake up" climate change-denying Republicans. Their whole ideology is on the line.

Prof Farber,
[for IP, if you wish]

Which is my roundabout way of saying that the bill is coming due, and
the price will be paid not only in dollars, but in human lives.

I'm going to take a slightly controversial view (I feel), if anyone wants to push back, the only thing I ask is that
you do so on the list and not on my personal email. Thanks in advance...

The fourteenth amendment to the US Constitution reads "nor shall any state deprive any person of life". To me, this
is the same as saying, I don't care whether you believe in sunspots causing climate change or a bilingual Chinese cab
driver, you, the government, FEMA, emergency services, still are required to help the victims.

I believe in climate change, along with most of the planks of the Bernie Sanders/Jeremy Corbyn/Jesse Klaver
platforms. As a result, I do believe that the first pillar of government is taking care of citizens in their time of
need. -- H

--
If you wish to request my time, please do so using http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.
Si vous voudrais faire connnaisance, allez a http://bit.ly/hd1ScheduleRequest.