Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Radical New In-Memory Computing Architecture Will Deliver 200X Speed Gain

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 13:35:59 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Aharonian <greg.aharonian () gmail com>
Date: October 28, 2017 at 1:22:36 PM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] Radical New In-Memory Computing Architecture Will Deliver 200X Speed Gain

Dave,

In a paper published in 2012 (available at:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kentaro_Sano2/publication/262309506_Domain-Specific_Language_and_Compiler_for_Stencil_Computation_on_FPGA-Based_Systolic_Computational-Memory_Array/links/544371d50cf2a76a3ccb185d/Domain-Specific-Language-and-Compiler-for-Stencil-Computation-on-FPGA-Based-Systolic-Computational-Memory-Array.pdf)

There appears two diagrams at the top of page 4.

Compare these with similar pictures in the fluff-piece written by KurzweillAI - much the same technology of putting a
processor inside of a memory block.

Thousands of such papers.  A lot of IBM's innovation prowess isn't.  If they file a patent application, and don't
cite this paper, that it troubling, though typical.

         Dr.Watson - we just reported our 22nd straight quarter of losses.  What should we do?
         What do I know - eat some of Algernon's flowers?

Greg Aharonian
Internet Patent News Service