Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Do Women Want to be Oppressed?

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 01:38:12 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jonathan S. Shapiro <jonathan.s.shapiro () gmail com>
Date: Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re Do Women Want to be Oppressed?
To: <dave () farber net>
CC: ip <ip () listbox com>

The original article argues, at its essence, that we are all - both men and
women - participants  in the process that has brought us to current male
dominance. It does not claim that the outcome has merit, only that an
evolutionary process participates.

Herb is both right and wrong. He argues that we can decide on a different
path going forward and pursue it. While I agree with that, it remains
important to understand the historical and evolutionary forces at work.
These are not *past* forces. They are *present* forces, and they will
continue to act unless we understand them and act intentionally to create
change.

Jonathan Shapiro, Ph.D.
COO
Buttonsmith Inc