Interesting People mailing list archives

Fake PayPal Data

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:39:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kevin Gainer <kgainer () columbus rr com>
Date: March 20, 2010 9:36:01 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Joel Chow <joel.chow () 10tv com>, Buddysking () aol com, Firebirdfor50 () aol com , James Turner <jturne3 () columbus rr com>, Tien-Hsien Chang <chang.108 () osu edu >
Subject: Fake PayPal Data

Dave:

Paypal's on-line "Student Account Sign Up" won't let me use my actual (true and correct) address to set up a student account for my son.

I'm on the phone with them right now and they absolutely insist that I have to first create a completely fictitious mailing address to get the web form to submit (it won;t submit with address I've had with them for years) and then after the fact we can presumably either delete the fake address, update it or what have you.

They are literally telling me to give them a totally FICTITIOUS ADDRESS to fix what appears to be their programming problem.

These people are out of their minds.

K.