Interesting People mailing list archives

Congress' reaction to AIG bonuses -- am I the only one concerned?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:22:53 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley \(RJR Com\)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: March 21, 2009 5:47:21 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Congress' reaction to AIG bonuses -- am I the only one concerned?

"Rich Kulawiec's comments, while they point out flaws in our values for
compensating people, takes no consideration for the compensation of those who take risks to create wealth. Without these "doofuses", we would all be
much poorer."

The problem is that I doubt that anyone in the insurance industry and dam few in the banking industry does anything to create new wealth. From what I
have seen, they are vultures who extract huge profits and then bail out
leaving the poor slobs who dealt with them to implode. I think that these
two industries do more to destroy new wealth creation then they do to
facilitate it.

"We've tried organizing societies without a profit motive and it just
doesn't work, as it is against human nature."

I agree completely, that for all its flaws that capitalism does the best job
of motivating people.  But the reality is that most capitalists are
parasites riding the real creator's coattails.

I do know a bit about this, because I am a moderately successful
inventor-entrepreneur myself and I work with inventors daily who are
actually creating new wealth.  I also spend an inordinate amount of time
fighting the agenda of corporate parasites.  They not only do nothing to
create new wealth, but actually destroy those who are doing so.

Ronald J. Riley,

Speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR act PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder
Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 9 pm EST.