Interesting People mailing list archives

Everything is Photoshopped

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:57:04 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Collins <mcollins () aleae com>
Date: August 23, 2009 10:09:06 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Everything is Photoshopped

A somewhat more crass commentary on this from 4chan's archive of Photoshop images:
http://macrochan.org/search.php?tags=Photoshop

I think it's worth noting here that photoshopping contests have been something of a running game since around 2001, the results on pages like worth1000 and somethingawful can be very impressive, especially when you consider that most of the submitters are barely old enough to shave. The worth1000 contest at this URL: http://www.worth1000.com/contest.asp?contest_id=23726&display=photoshop is a good example; it's a contest to assemble celebrities into a perfect celebrity by taking one's eyes, another's nose and so on. The images, I think, say something about how shopped the original images were.