Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Adam Savage talks about Mythbuster attempt at RFIDa bit more on

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:30:07 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Steven Heath" <sheath () foxbane co nz>
Date: September 3, 2008 5:00:11 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Adam Savage talks about Mythbuster attempt at RFIDa bit more on

Adam Savage has 'stepped back' from his initial comments in July according to a story on Cnet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10031601-52.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0

"MythBusters co-host Adam Savage is stepping back from public comments suggesting that legal counsel from several credit card companies led the Discovery Channel to pull the plug on an episode dedicated to security holes in RFID. "

and later

"There's been a lot of talk about this RFID thing, and I have to admit that I got some of my facts wrong, as I wasn't on that story, and as I said on the video, I wasn't actually in on the call," Savage said in the statement. "Texas Instruments' account of their call with Grant and our producer is factually correct. If I went into the detail of exactly why this story didn't get filmed, it's so bizarre and convoluted that no one would believe me, but suffice to say...the decision not to continue on with the RFID story was made by our production company, Beyond Productions, and had nothing to do with Discovery, or their ad sales department."

I guess someone needs to talk from Beyond Productions aspect to see what really occurred.

--
Steven Heath
Director

Interested in Coworking in Wellington? Check out www.altspace.co.nz