Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: WORTH READING Wow -- eye-opening

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:38:55 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Collins <mcollins () aleae com>
Date: November 13, 2008 7:48:25 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: "ip" <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] WORTH READING  Wow -- eye-opening

Dave,

I agree that the survey is ridiculous; however, at the same time this type of thing is purely defensive --- look at the things that were dragged out about both Obama and Palin during this election. Oppo research is cruel, and people blog a lot of things that are purely intemperate; at the same time, we don't have a "forgive me, I was young and really stupid at the time" tag.

Blogging, combined with our tendency towards confessional culture, is going to really lead to an interesting problem when millenials start running for office. If there are archives of everyone's livejournal posts when they were moody gothlets, you don't think those'll be pulled out and exposed. Sarah Palin apparently realized this enough to use multiple email accounts.