Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Economics is Dismal

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:31:57 -0700

Let me comment on this. While spectrum may or may not be in short supply (how we allocate it is stupid), the
"hardwired" infrastructure is just beginning in terms of speed etc. It is more on a Moores law than you would gusess.
It also blends into directions in processor design. Yes it may entail replacing existing plant (after all we did get
rid of such in the past) and it may harm the profitability of current carriers but it will happen. If not in the USA,
elsewhere.

Dave