Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Let's play "Deconstruct the media!" -- America's new subprime shanty-towns

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:29:54 -0700

From: Brock N Meeks [bmeeks () cox net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:24 PM
To: simon () higgs com
Cc: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] Let's play "Deconstruct the media!" -- America's new subprime shanty-towns

You're 100 percent correct, Simon, my rant doesn't help any of them,
not in the slightest way.

But in making your statement, there's an implication that my comment
was some how addressing people that are genuinely in need.  Again, as
I said in the original piece and in my follow up comments, the whole
point of the piece was to give a slapshot to the JOURNALISM of the
first piece.

I have my ideas about solutions, but I'm not an economist, I'm not a
domestic policy wonk, and I wouldn't dream of offering my opinion of
what solutions there might be.