Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: My position on Comcastidiocy

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:58:42 -0800

From: Tony Lauck [tlauck () madriver com]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 3:26 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Re: [IP] My position on Comcastidiocy

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office
for the last nine months."

At least they were when my ISP demolished port 25.

Tony

David Farber wrote:
The debate over port 25 is interesting. BUT the idea that without notice they disabled by outbound email (which is
NOT high volumn -- POBOX.com handles list distribution) is IRRESPONSIBLE in the extreme. Also consider those who dont
have access to CMU and IP whose mail agents set up port 25 by default. Suddenly their machine stops sending email and
their personal and/or business suffers. I wonder if Comcast will refuse to let me place calls on their digital voice
if I call too much or they just feel in the mood.

This is BULL -- you know what.

Dave