Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Reforming the FCC - January 5, 2009 with a comment by your editor

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 04:42:33 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stagg Newman <lsnewmanjr () yahoo com>
Date: December 12, 2008 11:19:31 PM EST
To: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>, dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Reforming the FCC - January 5, 2009 with a comment by your editor

Good news is that the actual Obama FCC transition team of 3 includes a technologist, Dale Hatfield, former Chief Technologist and Chief of Engineeering and Technology at the FCC. And the two lawyers on the team are tech saavy.

Moreover the transition team has a substantive group of advisors providing input that includes several technologist [I am one and was the Chief Technologist at what I refer to as the Federal Confusion Commission before Dave Farber. I recruited Dave to fill that position - not sure if Dave has forgiven me yet or not :>) ]

I would welcome suggestions for how to improve the technical and economic proficiency of the FCC. It is a critical need that the transition team has charged us to address.

Necessary caveat: Advisors of course do not represent or speak for the transition team or the Obama adminstration. Rather we provide input.

I am encouraged at how willingly the transition team is seeking advice and really listenting.