Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: a sad comment sent to me by a IPer and Home Science

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:31:52 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: EEkid () aol com
Date: August 13, 2008 4:55:51 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] a sad comment sent to me by a IPer and  Home Science

I taught my nephew to weld at 11, to use a band saw at 12, ride a dirt bike, White water raft, shoot a submachine gun & short barrelled shotgun at 14, snorkel on reefs in Bermuda, caving, drive a car at 16 (60 hours worth of training), Instead of driving around the neighborhood, we planned a trip through Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and visited lots of neat places He's a happy kid with no evidence of hostility or anger and has a natural curiosity about the world around him. Not to mention it's helped me grow as well. He always looks forward to our next adventure

To make sure he remembers the things we've done together as he gets older, I've video taped some of them and put them on You Tube. This video is from the summer of 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_8MD2J_Y0

Jerry