Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Windows Genuine Advantage First hand Experience

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:03:25 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rahul Tongia <tongia () andrew cmu edu>
Date: June 15, 2006 5:25:43 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Windows Genuine Advantage First hand Experience

Dave,

One more data point to add to this thread...

I had to update my MS-Office 2000 for the *critical* security update today, and even though the tools online supposedly allow you to download larger files that then don't require the installation CDs, I had dig out the CDs when it kept asking for a Data1.msi file. Bleah. I don' keep installation CDs on me, and I doubt most people do, either.

I'm not saying I know an easy answer to how to manage anti-piracy with security, but it MUST be better than this!

Rahul