Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Could NY Times face a treason trial?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:36:17 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bill Scannell <bill () scannell org>
Date: January 24, 2006 5:28:36 PM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Could NY Times face a treason trial?

Dave,

I'm sure Dan is good at whatever he does, but he has not the slightest clue
as to what he is talking about on this issue.  It is a FELONY for NSA to
listen in on an American citizen without a warrant. A US citizen could be
exchanging cookie recipes with OBL himself and it would be illegal to
monitor the communication without a warrant.  This is beyond dispute.

-Bill

Also sprach David Farber aka dave () farber net on 24.01.06 17:10 :

Begin forwarded message: