Interesting People mailing list archives

more on bill to give Feds all our personal medical info]]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:03:58 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IP] bill to give Feds all our personal medical info]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:57:23 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
To: dave () farber net
CC: ip () v2 listbox com

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:12:10 EST, Jim Warren said:
I assume this would not become part of the administration's latest
version of TIA -- it's Total Information Awareness, mass
data-collection, citizen-surveillance program.  At least not
initially.  But who knows?  --jim

Of *course* the TIA crew would want that info. Surely those terrorists
are looking for ways to bypass our profiling - and there's certainly going
to be little old ladies dying of cancer who might be talked into carrying
a package...

(Yes, this is what Bruce Schneier calls a "movie plot" threat model.  That
hasn't stopped goverment planning against movie plot threats...)