Interesting People mailing list archives

The Blackberry patent debacle is in the news again

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:25:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Frankston <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: October 8, 2005 10:25:24 PM EDT
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: The Blackberry patent debacle is in the news again

Does anyone on the list know exactly what the patents are about?

I’m sure it’s worthy of a rant about the legal profession and their triumph over science and abstraction but it would be useful to know the specifics first. Still, I’m sure that it will be one more example of how far we’ve drifted from the goal of encouraging innovation to holding innovation hostage.

Bob Frankston

http://www.frankston.com