Interesting People mailing list archives

audible.com

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:37:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Stephen T. Middlebrook" <Stephen.Middlebrook () FMS TREAS GOV>
Date: September 21, 2004 6:53:24 PM EDT
To: CYBERIA-L () LISTSERV AOL COM
Subject: [CYBERIA] audible.com

Audible.com is site that sells "books on tape" for you to download to your iPod or other MP3 player, a PDA or to burn on CD and listen to in the car.
 The site specifically tells you that you can do all these things.

Then you read the terms of service which say:  "The Audible content is
provided for your personal use. You agree not to resell, copy ..."

How can I download, copy to my iPod or burn to a CD without copying?  Do
you think they are even aware of this humorous inconsistency?

stm