Interesting People mailing list archives

more on CNN: Stern challenges FCC chairman on air

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:58:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Murray <mattm () optonline net>
Date: October 27, 2004 3:15:33 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] CNN: Stern challenges FCC chairman on air

Fortunately, Stern re-aired the segment on his show this morning
(been listening since 1982). It was interesting. Regrettably, Mr.
Powell forgot that the Commission has been lenient with Oprah
Winfrey using the exact same as Stern in almost the same context,
but has not received the scrutiny that The Stern Show has. Powell
called Ms. Winfrey "... loveable celebrity.. " earlier this year,
and denied saying that on Ronn Owen's show to Mr. Stern.

Unfortunately, the CNN piece chops up the order of what aired.
The "are you nervous" question was almost the first thing out of
Stern.

Here's the audio:
http://www.kgoam810.com/

Brutally slow on the load and it is at 24:40 of the show.

Matt Murray