Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Fascinating Airline Security Story

From: dave () farber net
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:22 -0400

___

Dave Farber  +1 412 726 9889

...... Forwarded Message .......
From: "Meeks, Brock (MSNBCi)" <Brock.Meeks () MSNBC COM>
To: dave () farber net
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:11:59 -0700
Subj: RE: [IP] Fascinating Airline Security Story

I thought this story was fascinating, too, when one of my sources alerted
me to it.  The story started to fall apart pretty quickly when I dug into
it.

The woman at the core of this story fancies herself as a "creative writer"
(just Google her) and indeed, it seems she got a bit creative in her
narrative.

Like Bruce, I believe that this kind of "boots on the ground" vigilance is
what is needed on a larger basis.  The trouble, as I found with this story,
are over-zealous, over imaginative or out right paranoid people that are
unable, unwilling (or both) to step back and ask themselves some logical
questions before pressing the panic button.

--Brock