Interesting People mailing list archives

Yes there are Any free passes for IP Readers or such this year for the Emerging Tech Conference?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:48:48 -0500

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:39:54 -0800
From: Tim O'Reilly <tim () oreilly com>
Subject: Re: Any free passes for IP Readers or such this year for the Emerging
 Tech Conference?
To: Tim Bishop <geodog () cyberdude com>
On Jan 16, 2004, at 12:08 AM, Tim Bishop wrote:

Shamelessly copying from Robert J. Berger's email from last year, I am
wondering if you will be able to continue your tradition of offering a
few free passes to this year's Emerging Tech Conference in San Diego
to members of Dave Farber's IP list or such. I was able to attend last
year's conference as a paying participant, and really enjoyed it, but
this year I too am currently "consulting" and am not in a position to
pay full fare. I would be grateful for the opportunity to attend if
possible.

I'd be glad to do so if Dave is willing.  The focus of the conference
this year is on wireless and "social software."  In addition to the
regular conference program, we're also holding a self-organizing
wiki-planned ad-hoc conference in the evenings, along the lines of what
I did at my "foo camp." (See http://conferences.oreilly.com/etech and
http://wiki.oreillynet.com/etech/hosted.conf?ParticipantSessions for
details.)

On the first day of the conference, February 9, we're also running a
separate event on digital democracy (see http://ddemo.oreilly.com),
focusing on the use of blogging and meetup by candidates, the
techniques for building a large and motivated based of activists used
by MoveOn and its Republican imitators, and the transparency issues
around electronic voting machines.

If Dave wants to run this message, the offer is as it was last year --
five free passes to either ETech or the Digital Democracy Teach-In
(i.e. five of each) to the first folks to contact Linda Holder
(lholder () oreilly com) requesting one of the IP spots.  (And we'll say
that you're the first one.)