Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Steve Ballmer

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:53:08 -0500

From: Marc Aniballi <marcaniballi () hotmail com>

Dave;

I spent some time on the inside at MS and I have to say, this is status
quo for Steve at internal events; He is a powerhouse of enthusiasm (on
and off stage). You could take clips from his presentations at major
internal events from the past 20 years and although age may have
mellowed him somewhat, it's hard to see.
Let's not forget that, while there are lots of disparagers of the
company, it is a company filled with highly intelligent people who often
perform small miracles;
I wish I could find the interviews with Larry Ellison and Scott McNealy
who were both asked on separate occasions back in the late nineties; "If
you could be the Chairman/CEO of any company in the world, which would
it be?" and both answered Microsoft.

If you were known as the company's Uber-Booster and that company had put
you in the top 20 richest men in the world category, would you begrudge
them a little craziness in the name of morale?

Regards,

Marc Aniballi
Mobile: +33 617 79 15 86
Home:   +33 490 53 29 20