Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: ReThinking the Unthinkable 2002

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 19:51:42 -0400

I have the utmost respect for the late Herman Kahn and his series on Thermonuclear War. He was fond of saying that not to think of the possibility was unethical.

We have read a lot about dirty low tech nuclear devices, stolen Russian devices, attacking nuclear plants etc. It is fair to ask the question of what our response would be and should be if one of these events happened. I sincerely hope that it never happens and more sincerely hope that some young "Herman" is helping to prepare the analysis so that our "leaders" can act in the best informed and intelligent way if it happens.

In the spirit of Kahn, I ask you to say what you believe should be done if such a terrorist attack takes place and one of our cultural/population centers is made unlivable and many people face sickness in the future for them and their children.

What do we do?

Dave

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/