Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Airports As Secure As 802.11b

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:03:28 -0500

From: Ryan Marsh <me () ryanmarsh com>
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: 19 Jan 2002 10:57:52 -0600

>From /.

"SF Gate is running a story  about how at both Denver and San Jose Int'l
American Airlines has been using unencrypted wireless to connect the
curb check-in with the rest of their networks. They tested this by
grabbing a laptop and hanging around the airport. I guess I might
finally have something to do with a laptop and a WiFi card the next time
I fly..."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2002/01/17/MN180845.DTL

--
"...visit a dog show. Or a gathering of people who believe they have
been abducted by aliens in UFOs. People are demonstrably insane when

http://www.ryanmarsh.com

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/