Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: Richard Dawkins: Religion's Misguided Missiles

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:09:09 -0400

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:02:51 -0400
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
From: Richard Jay Solomon <rsolomon () dsl cis upenn edu>

On either CNN or ABC Good Morning America this morning they quoted the figure of 70% of Pakistan's population is under 25. I could check some statistical almanac, but that sounds in the ballpark to me.

About 70% of Pakistan's population is under 25. Typical of 3d world countries in general. If we catalyze a revolution in the Mid East with aerial bombardment of a pathetic place like Afghanistan, we can never fight a ground war against those odds. It's scary to think that maybe we're committing suicide. No wonder Putin is preaching caution.

Richard

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/