Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: RE: interesting point on the DMCA also

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:49:09 -0400

I agree with Richard given that liability to the passengers on those flights and that these apply only to this outrage not to all cases. djf
From: "Sackler, Dr Richard" <333 () pharma com>
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: RE: interesting point on the DMCA also
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:41:06 -0400

This is so much crap I can't contain myself.  The thought of the corrupt
lawyers profiting by billions at the expense of and entire industry and
victimizing their customers for a few generations is disgusting.
The proximate cause of the attack was not American Airlines, United, or
Boeing.  It was international war criminals who committed crimes against
humanity.  We should change our liability tort system NOW to:

1. End collateral liability where proximate cause was by others acting
outside the law

2. Limit class action damages to actual uncompensated losses and no punitive
damages

3. Limit contingent fees to lawyers to limit to reasonable costs and payment
for time

4. Immunize all those whose facilities (airports) and planes were used to
carry out this outrage.

For the corrupt plantiff's bar to make a profit out of our national disaster
is not acceptable.

Richard Sackler:

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/