Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: ... and will we have to worry about defending ourselves against our defenses? : Mercury Center First Edition Wed Oct 10 08:00:31 EDT 2001

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:45:47 -0400

... and will we have to worry about defending ourselves against our defenses?

In a move that has some privacy rights advocates concerned, the Pentagon is hoping to <http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/depth/darpa101001.htm>track down terrorists with the help of a growing battery of computer software developed to combat consumer and business fraud. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is trying to design its own version of the software to uncover terrorist cells that are posing as legitimate groups and lying about such things as past employment, education and business affiliations.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/depth/darpa101001.htm

For archives see: http://lists.elistx.com/archives/interesting-people/