Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Final on POKEY.ORG?

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:14:56 -0500

wrt pokey.org and NSI:

Christopher, the human Pokey, and our attorneys have reluctantly
complied with section/paragraph 9(d) of NSI's domain dispute policy

http://www.netsol.com/rs/dispute-policy.html.  This, in no way is an
indication of his desire to relinquish pokey.org from its rightful and
proper owner Christopher Van Allen, nor does the action admit that he or
I agree with NSI's dispute policy.

The action was taken to best insure that we are following the procedures
that are currently in place to help protect his right to the domain
"pokey.org".  A new second domain of chrisv.org was chosen as a
secondary name, also to comply with the dispute policy.  Christopher,
along with the complete support of his parents and his counsel have all
intentions to exercise any and all options legally available to him in
an effort to protect what we believe is rightfully his.

To reiterate on what should already be very publicly known... but here
again officially - "pokey.org" is NOT for sale in any fashion or form
and never was or will be.  This issue rests solely on our desire to keep
the domain pokey.org and to stop the unceremonious actions of the Prema
Toy Company and their attorneys against a 12 year old child.

There is no commercial use of the pokey.org domain, thus there is no
trademark protection issue.  In the end, it is really that simple.

(Pokey wanted me to add a "big thank you" to the thousands of supporters
who have responded to his plight)

Best regards,

David Van Allen - FASTNET(tm) / You Tools Corporation
dave () fast net (888)321-FAST(3278) http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - Business and Personal Internet Solutions