Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: nmap reveals trinoo_master on router

From: "Maxime Ducharme" <mducharme () cybergeneration com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:58:48 -0400

Hello

nmap command structure (usually called documentation)
can be found here :
http://insecure.org/nmap/man/

I am not sure to understand the second question

filtering can be done upwards, i.e. the ISP filters
outgoing TCP 27765 to prevent Trinoo from spreading

filtering can also be done by your gateway's ISP
downwards, i.e. any incoming Trinoo packet is dropped

this is not the same ISP so not the same routers and
not the same configuration

hping can help to find which router actually filters this
port with something like this :
hping2 --destport 27765 --syn --traceroute --tr-stop 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is the cisco's IP

HTH

have a nice day

Maxime