Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Dismantling Botnets?

From: Jerry Dixon <jerry.dixon () jhu edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:59:38 -0400

Presumably the best documented case in this area is "operation
cyberslam" (http://www.reverse.net/operationcyberslam.pdf).
Unfortunately, most of the time the authorities don't prosecute the
attackers...

Is there a place where current information can be given and it will truly be investigated and action will be taken?
If you report the information to us at US-CERT (http://www.us-cert.gov/security/) We'll take action on it. If its based outside the United States we will work with our International peers to get action on them as well.
Jerry