Security Incidents mailing list archives

New variant of Virus ? --> issue identified.

From: "Hubbard, Dan" <dhubbard () websense com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:35:49 -0800

Sophos now has a signature for this. It's a keylogging trojan that sends
backing information when well known bank sites are accessed and send the
keystrokes via email. I have not been able to dissect the details yet
but will post them when I do.

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojstawina.html

It looks like there maybe a new variant of the virus MyDoom worm. We
have seen the following:

RE: I still love you  fLctv

Error 551: We are sorry your UTF-8 encoding is not supported by the
server, so the text was automatically zipped and attached to this
message.

The file attached is message.zip and unzips to message.exe

I am analyzing the file for behavior and will update, but has anyone
else seen this yet ?

The latest Nassoc DAT does not cover this.