Security Incidents mailing list archives

Novarg/Mydoom coming in through web pages?

From: "Jared Mittleman" <jared () jmittleman com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:09:07 -0500

I came into the office this morning to a rash of Novarg intercepts this
morning. One of them cought my attention though because it was on a machine
with out email access and was discovered in the Cache of Mozilla by a
nightly scan, not the realtime protection. If it helps we use Symantec
Antivirus Corporate Edition.

Anybody else seen anything like this? I know that it has P2P propogation
capabilities but could this be migrating into coming via web sites?

--Jared Mittleman