Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange set of TCP ports

From: mgotts () 2roads com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:09:48 -0700

Run openports.exe from DiamondCS on the suspect boxen.
 If you don't have physical access, but do have admin
access, use psexec.exe from SysInternals, as well.

psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution utility. I use
it now and then, and am not aware of any capability to have it list ports
in use and what programs are using them.

SysInternals probably does have such a utility, but I'm not sure what it
is off the top of my head.

-- Mark

--- Raistlin <raistlin () gioco net> wrote:
Greetings,

can someone help me in identifying the following
strange subset of open
TCP ports ?
3687/tcp open  unknown
3688/tcp open  unknown
3689/tcp open  rendezvous
3690/tcp open  unknown
3691/tcp open  unknown

Googling or looking at the usual known ports lists
do not yield any
results. I'd like to identify this beast if
possible. Thanks in advance.

Stefano

ForwardSourceID:NT000844F2