Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: UDP traffic on Port 52798

From: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:32:33 -0800 (PST)

Ken,

Did you simply drop the datagrams, or have you
captured a couple?  Perhaps if you had, the data
carried in the datagram would give some clue as to
what's going on...

A quick Google search reveals:

Might have something to do w/ MBONE...
http://www.uazone.org/znews/mmis/webcastarchive.html

'Course, w/ the configurability of the various
malware, I still don't see why anyone wastes their
time "wondering" about dropped packets...

--- Kenneth Wilson <barney458 () hotmail com> wrote:
I have been increased activity on this port for
several weeks.  Most seems
to occur on the weekends.  I have checked google
which yields nothing.  Does
anyone know what this port is used for?  Has anyone
else seen traffic for
this port?

Thanks in advance,
Ken

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months
FREE*

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus ARIS
analyzer service.
For more information on this free incident handling,
management
and tracking system please see:
http://aris.securityfocus.com