Security Incidents mailing list archives

Traffic on UDP 1815

From: "Sahr, Kenneth" <ksahr () fiwc navy mil>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:21:12 -0500

Hi all, longtime lurker, first time poster to this forum.  I've been seeing a lot of traffic on my home Win2K pro
machine lately from random IP's/high numbered source ports to UDP 1815, which is registered as "MMPFT"..this is all the
information I can gather on it though..anybody have any insight into what this might be? I'm hoping someone's seen it
before.. I also checked, there is no initial packets sent out from my machine to any of these source IP's..so I don't
suspect any kind of callback, and I don't really expect any sort of intrusion at all..just curious as to what this
service is..

Thanks in advance for any replies

K Sahr