Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Weird Windows logon attempts

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 12:14:56 +1300

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 00:38, H C wrote:
Harry,

Have you gone back to the boxes and retrieved the
actual EventLog entries?  There's some info missing
from the syslog entry below that may be useful.

Hi, I'll respond for Harry who is bogged down with other things at the
moment.

It turned out that we had several machine infected with SoBig, sigh...
All our machines are supposed to have up to date AV software but with
1000s of machines some get missed.

Thanks to all who responded with advice.

Cheers, Russell.

--

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin

<Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
Take back your personal time.
15-day free trial of StillSecure Border Guard.</Pre>
<A href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure";> http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>