Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Proxy server hit... Any ideas?

From: Jonathan Bloomquist <bocasolutions () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:45:32 -0800 (PST)

--- Mike Cain <mikec () lpinsurance com> wrote:
Yeah, the box came to me basically because the guy
above me doesn't have
a clue about NT or about ANY security... Bad timing
I guess or good
depending on how you look at it... I have just got
back from meeting
with management to suggest some policies, now they
want me to write an
IT policies handbook, guess I asked for that one
huh? :)

So where should I start looking for de-facto
policies, and such? Or
should I just use my best judgment? I'm thinking the
latter is a bad
idea because if one doesn't pan out, then they say,
"Well... YOU wrote
them..." :)

I would start here:

http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/policies/policies.htm