Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: 'rooted' NT/2K boxen?

From: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't seen any type of windows 'rootkit' myself.
For example a replacement of netstat, nbtstat,
route, and other utilities to give proccess
information etc...

If anyone knows of any let me know I'm interested.
Of course the problem with getting windows
source is an issue.

Older versions of Hoglund's NTRootkit are available
here:
http://www.megasecurity.org/Tools/Nt_rootkit_all.html

The 'newest' version I've been able to find is here:
http://www.ntndis.com/downloads.shtml

click on "Windows NT Rootkit Source".

Not sure how that applies to my original question, but
there it is...