Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: backdoor

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:40:38 -0400

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:35:26 MDT, Christopher L Calvert <ccalvert () us ibm com>  said:

requirements. I have never found case law that supports this point of view;
I am even still looking for the actual law or decision that makes this
point. I

While we're at it, does anybody have case law in regards to CERT advisory
CA-1992-19 (Keystroke Logging Banner)?  And do the legal issues change since
most intruders used exploits that bypass a login banner?
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer