Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Virus? Trojan?

From: "Peter Kruse" <kruse () railroad dk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:42:42 +0100

Hi David,

That would be Yaha-K. This new variant is spreading
heavily in Holland. Earlier today McAfee opgraded the
worm to a medium risk:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99918.htm

There are many subject lines/Message bodies/Attachment
names that W32/Yaha.k may use.

It's very likely spreading because of problems with the invalid
MIME formatting of some of the Yaha.k mails. The worm is
known to be able to pass through mailsweeper v4.2x.

Kind regards
Peter Kruse
Securityconsultant
http://www.krusesecurity.dk