Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Standardized Reporting

From: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

I wasn't really looking for anything...personally, I
couldn't care less about SYN packets that get dropped.
 What I was suggesting was an alternate site besides
the Incidents list to post things like logs of scans
and SYN packets...someplace where that information
might be correlated from multiple sites, rather than
lead to a lot of speculation...

Well...there is dshield.org. Or are you looking for
something that offers
greater level of detail? Or do you see any
shortcoming in dshield.org way of
doing things? I am not connected to dshield.org in
any way ... just curious
whether it will serve our purpose. I do agree that
we need to be able to
look at bigger picture to grasp the situation fully
& pooling our individual
observations togather will help us do that.

--Rajiv