Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: large scale distributed scan of port tcp 445

From: Brian McWilliams <brian () pc-radio com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:46:23 -0400

I've kind of been waiting for a spike in 445 scans for the past 12 months ... :)

Windows 2000 Port Invites Intruders
26 Aug 2001, 6:14 PM CST

http://www.pc-radio.com/Windows%202000%20Port%20Invites%20Intruders.htm

Exploiting a hole in Windows 2000, a hacker says he penetrated Microsoft's corporate network earlier this month and had full access to hundreds of the company's computers.

Brian