Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: packets in my network

From: "Palmer, Justin" <justin.palmer () imacorp com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:42:49 -0500

Sergio,

A quick search on google returns the following info:  cms1.net apparently
licenses adware,  some software on your computer is trying to download more
ads.  You might try one of the popular adware scanning programs available
for download if you are unsure of what application is attempting to
phone-home.

First of all.
hello everybody, and sorry about my english.
while i was sniffing in my local network , i saw that my computer was
sending this kind of packet:

GET
http://www.cms1.net/scripts/cms/CmsInit.ASP?ID=200101&D2=xA%3F
%3F%3F%3F%40%3