Security Incidents mailing list archives

FW: How to cope with, uhm, "mentally challenged" abuse personnel?

From: Tyrannis Von Nettesheim <tyrannis () WWC COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:25:55 -0500

I think this is in the realm of "plausible deniability" for the corporate
types at the ISP, or generically any business. Usually when an event of
massive scope has occurred, it takes some time for it to "float" up to
corporate levels, and their default action from what I've perceived/seen is
to head for corporate counsel and get some legal advice, as well as start
crafting e-mails, press releases, etc., etc. should that be necessary.

While we, stewards of security sanity, reward swift exchanges of
information, the general investment public doesn't because they don't know
what we know - the free and open exchange of verifiable information between
verifiable entities swats problems faster than anything.

It's a culture thing. *shrugs*