Security Incidents mailing list archives

[klmtfs () pridemail com: Your Online Greeting Awaits You!]

From: diphen () agitation net
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 02:05:08 -0700

Has anyone run across this before? It showed up in one of my other email
accounts this evening. When you go to the site it displays a message
about 'Image Browser Not Supported'. What this links to is a file called
american.exe. It appears to be a win32 binary containing some sort of
file archive. Unfortunately I don't have good facilities (or expertise,
really) for figuring out what this thing does. If anyone with more
windows expertise wants to take a look, you can grab the file from the
site, or I can forward a copy. I'm guessing it's some sort of trojan.

(The reason this makes me suspicious is that the rest of the site appears
to be entirely bogus. The first supplied url is www.greetingcardsusa.cc,
but all the links from the page go to americangreetingz.net, which
doesn't resolve. Also, the american.exe link is just an ip. It
reverse-resolves to paypalgreen.com, which also looks rather weird.)

Thanks.

-gabe

----- Forwarded message from klmtfs () pridemail com -----