Security Incidents mailing list archives

Scanning Customers.

From: Tyler Walden <twalden () aa net>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

Recently we have been scanning our clients for Code Red vulnrability, as
well as other performance and latency scans. This has caused a flood of
angry customers forwarding their personal firewall logs to us, demanding
that the attacks on their computers be stopped. I assume I am not the only
one dealing with this problem. Does anyone have a nice canned response, or
links with information on port scanning and the legalities I can use for

Tyler Walden - twalden () aa net
Alternate Access http://www.aa.net
Network Operations - noc () aa net
(206)777-8888[127] voice (206)777-8889 fax