Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Automated, Distributed Port Scan

From: mixter () NEWYORKOFFICE COM (Martin Ixter)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 00:56:50 +0300

Distributed scanning is not only feasible, there are already distributed
scanning tools out in public. They aren't very advanced yet (regarding
stealth, etc.), but they show that the distributed concept is very easy to
implement into scanning tools. The first distributed scanner appeared in
phrack56 (http://phrack.infonexus.com/search.phtml?view&article=p56-12),
and I'm also hosting one written in perl myself
(http://mixter.warrior2k.com/rivat.tgz) </advertisement> :p

mixter () newyorkoffice com
http://1337.tsx.org